Tuesday, May 15, 2007

JPG: What I Learned

The internet is all a-buzz with the story of JPG Magazine (and, I must admit, when JPG was previously featured here, I wondered about the whereabouts of those first six issues). But what I think is most valuable from Derek Powazek's explanation of the situation is his "What I Learned" list. A few choice elements:
  • Communication between partners is mandatory. And you cannot communicate with someone who is not communicating with you.
  • When someone says one thing, but acts in a contradictory way, you have a choice between believing their words or believing their deeds. Believe their deeds.
  • Don’t stay where you’re not wanted, respected, or happy. Even if it’s your company.
This advice is meant for entrepreneurs, but it is equally valuable to anyone in an unsatisfactory work situation. [via kottke]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home