Thursday, February 23, 2006

Multi-Touch User Interface

While the innovation of the multi-user interface (which Apple has filed to patent) may not immediately impact your design life, this video demo (from the NYU Media Research Lab) should provide food for thought. Whether you dabble in multi-media, animation, information graphics, or just plain print, at some point we will all have to relinquish some control to the user and consider the possibility that what we are designing may need to MOVE. Meanwhile, speculation about what Apple plans for this technology is rampant. Here's to the future!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw this video, I was stunned, so much is packed into this short litte video, we are looking at the future of the personal computer interface. I wish I knew more about this, possible release dates, etc.

4:50 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Pretty exciting, isn't it? I'm keeping my eyes and ears open -- when I know more I'll post an update.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home